Do you have experience as a Payroll Manager or Accounts Payable Manager? Are you organized, discrete and analytical? We are looking for a dynamic person to lead our Personnel Accounting Section and join our Accounting Services Group. CERN, take part!
Payroll Manager in the Finance and Administrative Processes Department (FAP), Accounting Services Group (ACC), Personnel Accounting Section (PA).
You will join:
- The Finance and Administrative Processes Department (FAP), which is responsible to effectively and efficiently manage the financial resources and commitments of the Organization, ensuring compliance with financial rules and procedures of CERN.
- The Accounting Services Group (ACC), which is responsible for all accounting transactions of the Organization and includes the Sections General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Personnel Accounting.
- The Personnel Accounting Section (PA), which processes the monthly payroll, provides salary statements, and control and pay the expense claims of the Organization.
As Payroll Manager, you will lead the Personnel Accounting Section, a small team with two main activities: to ensure an accurate and timely monthly payroll process, and the efficient control and payment of all financial requests relating to members of personnel. Additional tasks are the responsibility of the section, including participation in the regular accounting book-closes, the issuance of correct financial certificates for members of personnel, and financial support for the housing and conference activities.
As Payroll Manager, you will:
- Develop, review, implement, and maintain procedures, policies and controls for the Section's services to ensure efficient and accurate results.
- Coordinate the activities relating to the salaries office: maintain payroll and bank account information, prepare the monthly salaries, calculate payroll liabilities.
- Coordinate the activities relating to the control and payment of benefit and expense claims.
- Create and prepare financial reporting on the personnel expenses.
- Perform validations and reconciliations to maintain the accounts, also the calculation of certain accounting provisions for personnel.
- Manage or contribute to projects related to the Section's activities (streamlining processes).
- Contribute to the design and implementation of financial strategy and policy for compensation and benefits.
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of finance or management/business administration, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Proven experience as a Payroll Manager or in the field of controlling, ideally in an international organisation or in a company dealing with large volumes and complex benefit packages.
- Experience in leading a team would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- HR process design & development: knowledge of regulations relating to compensation and benefits.
- Financial reporting and analysis.
- Quality management, controlling in particular.
- Customer service.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Leading with strength and credibility: demonstrating authority and being accountable for actions, decisions and effective functioning of the team.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point; listening actively to others and letting others speak.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 29.04.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.