Benefits Support Officer
Do you have experience in compensation and benefits analysis? Are you interested in interpreting policies, rules and procedures and applying them in an organizational setting? If you relish a challenge, join CERN's Compensation and Benefits team and realize your potential. CERN, take part!
Benefits Support Officer in the Human Resources Department (HR), Compensation and Benefits Group (CB), Benefits Section (B).
The position is located in the Benefits Section of the Compensation and Benefits Group, in the HR Department.
The Section is in charge of the implementation and control of dependency allowances, international mobility and related indemnities, education grants for dependent children, unemployment benefits, entitlements to special leave, compensation for special working hours, reimbursement of duty travel expenses, and pre-retirement programmes.
The position reports to the Benefits Section Leader, within a team of 6-7 people, and provides specialised administrative support for the above-listed financial and social benefits for members of personnel (employed or associated) in accordance with CERN Staff rules and regulations, and administrative procedures.
As a Benefits Support Officer, you will:
- Review and process requests for benefits, entitlements and claims; support internal clients and control the compliance of their implementation of benefits with applicable regulations.
- Advise and inform members of personnel on matters related to financial and social benefits upon taking or leaving appointment as well as during their contract.
- Undertake research on benefit-related issues: benchmark with other international organisations or corporations; draw statistic reports and prepare notes for decision-making.
- Provide analysis against the legal framework for the most complex cases; draft formal written responses.
- Contribute to the improvement and streamlining of administrative processes.
Bachelor in the field of human resources, business administration or finance, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in administration of employee benefits and entitlements.
- Experience in an international organisation would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with working in an HR centre of expertise would be an additional asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Use of Office software packages: Excel (use of pivot tables; plots).
- Archiving and records management.
- Customer service.
- Compensation and benefits.
- Interpretation of policies, rules, procedures, and their application in an organisational setting.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Solving problems: recognizing what is essential; discriminating between important and peripheral information and being able to see the whole picture.
- Managing self: expressing disagreement tactfully and with consideration; maintaining a positive outlook even in difficult situations; demonstrating resilience and persistence in response to setbacks and adversity.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs; being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt.
- Working in teams: understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information; seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak either language in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft and/or translate accurate texts.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.04.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.